We have amazing water, and cost saving opportunities through the Department of Water Services here on Maui. The DWS offers a FREE Ultra High Efficiency Toilet replacement program, as well as the replacement of faucets and shower heads to Maui homeowners. There are some guidelines, which are included below. Also included is the link to the DWS website. If you still have questions, please feel free to reach out to our contact, Sarah Reichert, at the DWS. Her information is also listed below.
Here are the guidelines from Sarah:
- The homeowners must either fill out the application or if the tenant fills one out, the owner must then fill out the “Property Owners Approval Form.”
- The toilet that is to be replaced needs to be photographed to show the whole front of the toilet with the lid down and another with the gallons per flush (GPF) or liters per flush (LPF) that is usually located in the toilet tank or lid, or sometimes behind the lid where the clips are. Include these two photos.
- The toilet to be replaced needs to be 3.5 GPF or higher (at least 13.25 LPF in liters). You must read the program rules and guidelines as well as agree to the disclaimer (all available on the website and also in the application itself.)
- You need to list the master meter AOAO name , but your name in the alternate name of person applying. PLEASE make sure to include your unit number!
- *There is NO GUARANTEE that toilets will be available, this is a first come, first serve basis (although we strive to keep as many available as we can!)
- It takes 2-4 weeks to review and process your application. This may take longer due to offering the toilets to so many possible applicants at the same time.
- There is a Q&A section on our Program Rules and Guidelines sheet online.
- The homeowner is required to come to our office to receive a voucher, which can be redeemed at our designated local vendor. However, since some homeowners live off island, we will need to establish who would be picking up instead. This would have to be the owner themselves, a plumber who will install, or a tenant.
- There are several low flow fixtures; shower heads, toilet bags, and kitchen faucets, that are also available for free. (There is a form linked below.)
- I can be reached at (808) 463-3101 or email Reichert@mauicounty.gov with email being the best form of communication with the application.
Please take a look at the links below. If you wish to apply to this fabulous program, know that you are contributing to saving water, our environment, and saving money in the process! You will need our name and account number: Wailea Fairway Villas AOAO, and account#0660217692.
Wailea Fairway Villas Board of Directors